Waratah Golf Club
Office hours are Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
Pro shop hours are Monday to Friday 6.00 am to 6.00 pm
In 2001 Waratah Golf Club celebrated its 100th year of continual operation. Waratah Golf Club was the first golf club in the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie region and second only to Maitland (1899) in the Hunter region. Since its humble beginnings at Dangar Park in the suburb of Waratah, Newcastle, to its present location at Argenton near the beautiful shores of Lake Macquarie, Waratah Golf Club has been a leading light for golf in the region as well as in the State of NSW and indeed Australia. Our History is long and we are proud of its traditions.
As we head into our next 100 years our goal is to continue to provide the best possible golf course, the best possible amenities and the best possible golfing experience you can wish for. We have a lot to live up to but we are sure that with the help of all our staff, members, sponsors, visitors and guests, Waratah Golf Club will continue to shine as the place of great golf.
Every member and visitor has a responsibility to help maintain the Course in prime condition. In order to help achieve the high standard of playing conditions the Greens Committee would like members and visitors to take note of the following:
Member and Visitor Responsibility
- "Through the Green" a player should ensure that any turf cut by him is replaced or repaired.
- Soft spiked golf shoes are preferred but not obligatory on our course.
- All players should rake/repair the sand at all times after making a shot(s) from a bunker.
- Players with golf carts should avoid driving through all wet patches that have not been caused by wet weather.
- Wide rubber non-inflatable buggy tyres are preferred but not obligatory on our course.