The Tumbertin Tea Rooms are located in the grounds of The Good Shepherd Home, sitting at the entrance to the beautiful Palmetum Botanical Gardens. Tumbetin Tea Rooms are the perfect location for residents to catch up with family members or friends over lunch or morning tea. It’s an easy walk from all rooms and has full wheelchair access for convenience.
Tumbetin Lodge was originally built in Railway Estate for the Roman Catholic Church in 1934, constructed from predominantly Australian Silky Oak. In 1993, the Lodge was relocated to its current site, and has been run by The Good Shepherd Home since 2011.
Functions and Events
Tumbetin Lodge is available for venue hire for residents and guests outside the Home. We host a variety of functions including weddings, birthdays and baby showers, with seating capacity for 60 people, including the timber deck overlooking the Palmetum Botanical Gardens.
A range of hot and cold platters are available from Tumbetin Lodge for catering up to 40 guests, or alternatively third party caterers can also be accommodated.
A Selection to Suit All Appetites
Residents at The Good Shepherd Home and guests are invited to enjoy brunch, lunch or afternoon tea at Tumbetin Lodge. Whether you would like to join us for High Tea, or something more substantial, our menu boasts a wide selection of meals and beverages, including:
- A Selection of Quality Tea from Adore Tea - the Finest Loose - Leaf Tea in the World
- Specialty Coffee from Coffee Dominion
- Homemade Sweets, Cakes and Biscuits
- Fresh, Homemade Sandwiches
- Locally Made Pies, Pastries and Savouries
- Light Brunches, Lunches and Afternoon Teas - View Our Complete Menu
- Gluten Free and Vegetarian Options Are Also Available
- Enjoy a High Tea For Brunch, Lunch or Afternoon Tea