Council Offices

Manilla Library

About Us

Tamworth Regional Council (TRC) was established in March 2004, amalgamating the northern NSW shires of Barraba, Manilla, Nundle and Parry and the city of Tamworth. It is one of the biggest councils in inland NSW, with a population of over 58,000 spread over an area three times as large as the Sydney basin. Tamworth is the regional hub, home to more than 50,000 people. Other population centres include the towns of Manilla, Barraba, Nundle and Kootingal, as well as another 17 hamlets and villages. Tamworth was the first city in the southern hemisphere to introduce electric street lighting, in 1888, and it remains one of NSW’s most vibrant regions, with a flourishing modern economy and a strong sense of community. TRC is the winner of the 2009 A R Bluett Award for excellence in local government and the 2009 state and national Tidy Town awards.

What happens if my rates payment is late?
Interest is charged on overdue rates payments of 8.5% per annum. The charging of interest on overdue payments is compulsory under Section 567 of the Local Government Act 1993. The interest rate is set by the Minister each year.
I'm having difficulty paying my rates, what should I do?
Contact Council’s Debt Recovery Officer as soon as possible on 1300 733 625 to organise an arrangement to pay. Rates and charges may be paid outside the instalment dates subject to terms and conditions as set by Council (Section 564).
Is there a surcharge if I pay by credit card?
Council introduced a surcharge on payments received by credit card in the 2005/2006 rating year.
What should I do if my address has changed?
Council must be advised of changes of address in writing. A form is available from the Customer Service Centres for you to complete or you may wish to write a letter.
I want my water bill to go to a different address, is that possible?
Yes, however this request must be in writing. A form is available from the Customer Service Centres or you may write a letter to Council explain what you wish.
What if I can’t find the location of the Internal sewer line on my property?
Council will record the location of the internal sewer line at the time of construction. This information is available from Council by calling (02) 6767 5555.
How are the pumps protected from access?
The unit and the control panel are secured against unauthorised access. Tamworth Regional Council employees and Council contractors would be the only people authorised for access.
What is the chance of blockages in the pipes?
All the solids in the wastewater are ground to a slurry therefore there is a very low likelihood of a blockage beyond the unit.
What happens when/if there is a power failure?
The unit has in-built storage that would allow for the restricted use of wastewater facilities during the power outage. Facilities such as showers and baths should be kept to a bare minimum until power is restored.