Our industry-specific services we provide include:
- Audit and assurance
- Internal and risk-based audits
- Contract accounting
- Audit of grant acquittals
- Our unique "audit-ready" service
- Review of business systems and processes
- Review of governance matters
- Due diligence
- Financial benchmarking
- Living Longer Living Better reform financial modelling
- Consumer Directed Care assistance
StewartBrown has been providing business and accounting solutions specific to the aged and community care sector for nearly 40 years, and more recently with disability services.
Our team is now recognised as the leader in providing financial services to this sector, particularly for not-for-profit organisations.
Audit & Assurance
Our experience covers a diverse range of industries and sizes including manufacturers, distributors, retailers, professional service firms, subsidiaries of overseas entities, aged & community care providers, not-for-profit organisations, large national industry associations and superannuation funds.
Our audit and assurance team provides a range of services, including:
- Statutory audits
- Internal audits
- Risk-based audits
- Grant acquittals
- Efficiency reviews of accounting and management systems
- Due diligence reviews
- Our unique "audit-ready" assignments
Management & Consulting Contracting
Our management consulting & contracting services include:
- Review of existing accounting and management systems
- Recommendations for improved efficiency, accuracy and timelines in reporting
- Implementation of system improvements and development of standardised systems
- Assistance with evaluating alternate accounting and information software
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of budgets, cash flows and feasibility studies
- Assistance with review and preparation of indicative offers for major acquisitions, including due diligence investigations
- Assisting with the sale of businesses, including preparing your business for sale to maximise the price
Your relationship with your accountant is crucial, and one that often lasts a lifetime. You need someone who:
- Is interested in you
- Answers the phone when you call
- Cuts through the jargon and speaks in plain language
- Is technically sound, has common sense, and is widely experienced in the real world
- Is large enough to have the resources required, but not so large that you just become a number
- Is a valuable sounding board to bounce ideas off
- Can provide service beyond just numbers
Typical personal taxation services we provide include:
- Preparation of all types of income tax returns
- Advice on capital gains tax
- Advice on the taxation of investment income
- Advice on the taxation of foreign income
- Advice on land tax
For most Australians, super is the biggest investment they will ever make. That is why expert advice is essential. Quite simply, if you're not maximising the significant tax benefits super enjoys, the chances are you are paying too much tax and wasting valuable wealth creation time.
Establishing a Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF) is similar to running your own small company.
There are rules and regulations that must be followed in order to benefit from the significant tax incentives available. Running your own SMSF is not for everybody but many clients prefer the personal control and flexibility that SMSFs offer.
In conjunction with our financial planning service (Stewart Brown Advisory Pty Limited) we can assist you in respect of your retirement planning.