- St Vincent De Paul Society
- Society Of St Vincent De Paul
The St Vincent de Paul Society was founded by a 20 year old student named Frederic Ozanam in 1833. It was established by like minded individuals who wished to put their faith into action.
This compassionate outlook, enthusiasm and vision continues today in Australia. There are thousands of people who every day share their time, care for humanity and energy to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged people all around Australia.
The St Vincent de Paul Society provides a 'hand up, not just a hand out' to people in need.
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a non-profit organisation that is dedicated to serving the most disadvantaged and underprivileged people in our community.
The Society's members and volunteers provide financial and practical support, advocacy and friendship to the most vulnerable in our communities. This support is delivered through local groups, known as 'conferences', as well as through our human services and Centres of Charity (Vinnies shops).
Aged persons support, child and family support, disabled persons support, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, emergency and transitional accommodation, emergency relief, food distribution and low cost food outlets, medium to long term accommodation, migrants and refugee support, overseas development, youth support, home visitation, indigenous support, financial services (budget counselling and No Interest Loans)
- Salvation Army The Family Tracing
- St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW & QLD) Mt Gravatt
- Salvation Army The Donations/Collections & General Enquiries
- Salvation Army The Financial Counselling Moneycare
- Salvation Army The Queensland Division
- Salvation Army The Accomodation Services - Women's Accomodation
- Salvation Army The Accomodation Service - Family Support
- Salvation Army The For Financial/Material Needs