Springvale Botanical Cemetery
The world class Springvale Botanical Cemetery is arguably Australia’s most beautiful cemetery with an abundance of highly landscaped gardens, towering trees, striking water features and over 29,501 roses.
Established in 1901, Springvale Botanical Cemetery is one of eight cemeteries within the care of the Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) and, spanning 169 hectares (422 acres), is the largest cemetery in the group.
This magnificent botanical cemetery offers unparalleled burial, cremation and mausolea memorial options to suit all religious, cultural or personal preferences.
In August 2014, we opened our state-of-the-art Clarence Reardon Centre, to serve families with comfortable and beautifully designed spaces and facilities, including seven stylishly appointed function rooms, cafe and florist.
- Our history
- Our continuing care of the cemetery
- Map of Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Floral and memento guidelines policy
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Registered Funeral Directors
- Registered Monumental Masons
- Planning Ahead
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- What do I do when someone dies?
- Deciding between Burial or Cremation
- Choosing the Right Cemetery
- Religious and Cultural Options
- Costs and How to Compare Prices
- Funeral Etiquette
- Dealing with Grief
Chapels and Facilities
Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s magnificent, established gardens and water features provide beautiful backdrops for our chapels and function rooms. The new state-of-the-art function and administration centre has been designed specifically to accommodate the growing needs of our communities.