Sovereign Concrete Products is the trading name for Ballarat Concrete Products Pty. Ltd. and is a supplier of quality precast structural concrete products to the civil and road construction industries. The company operates two manufacturing plants in central Victoria, a culvert plant in Avoca and a larger structural concrete plant (and head office) in Ballarat.
Both plants have operated under the present ownership since 2001 and under a previous ownership since the early 1980's. The company employs up to 50 people at any one time including a core workforce skilled in formwork carpentry, steel fabrication and concrete finishing, and the management has a strong engineering focus.Our Capabilities
Like any successful business, Sovereign Concrete Product's production capabilities are dependent on a combination of our own resources, those of our suppliers and on the services available to be called upon.
- Production Areas and Cranage
- Steam Curing
- A Flexible Workforce
- Southern Link Upgrade - Abigroup Contractors
- Northern Hume Alliance - Leighton Contractors
- Palmers Road Project - Winslow Projects
- Rick Driscoll - Director
- Laurie McKenna - General Manager
- Darren Pickles
- The Ballarat Crew
The workforce at Ballarat is a blend of highly skilled labourers, concrete finishers, tradesmen and apprentices. The group includes a number of long term employees with over 20 years' service and experience at Sovereign Concrete Products.
Tricia Squire, Bianca Dowell, Mark Border, Steven Dunmill, Andrew Kraulis, James Keeble and Len Waddell. Office Manager Tricia Squire and her team provide the administrative support, Mark and Steven are responsible for purchasing and transport services, and James Keeble and his engineering team manage the precast pit section of the business.
- Structural precast parapets, barriers, sound walls and abutments for freeways and bridges;
- J-J Hooks® temporary safety barriers for roadwork site protection manufactured under licence to Easi-Set Industries, Midland, Virginia, USA;
- Safety barriers for the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix;
- Precast culverts ranging in size from 300 x 150 to 4500 x 3000 for storm-water drainage, stock crossings and pedestrian underpasses;
- Precast pits of any size, shape or type. Pits can be supplied in standard sizes with generic block-outs but are generally manufactured "made to order" to the customer's requirements;
- Septic tanks manufactured under licence to Standards Australia.