More Locations

Unit 2/ 52 Berry Street, Nowra NSW 2541

About Us
Licenced Conveyancer

  • Joanne Lisa Hall is a Certified Practising Conveyancer with 25 years professional experience delivering to you:

  • Knowledge and experience in all areas of conveyancing
  • Personal high quality service - the most important person in the transaction is you
  • Integrity and ethical conduct
  • Upfront costs with no hidden charges

What Will It Cost Me

Costs are dependent on weather the Property is purchased or sold. We charge for the following:

Purchase of Property

  • My Fee
  • Searches & enquiries that should be done after exchange:
  • Mortgage work required by most lenders
  • Pre purchase pest and building reports
  • If you are purchasing a Strata property a pre purchase strata search will cost

Sale of Property

  • My Fee
  • Documents that must go in a contract
  • Discharge of Mortgage

When Are You Available?

Meeting with you to further discuss your conveyancing needs at a mutually convenient time is of the utmost importance.

Please contact Southland Conveyancing Services using THIS LINK


Many people do not know what a conveyancer (or solicitor) is going to do for them in their sale or purchase. All they know is they have been told they need a conveyancer.

Many people are time poor and even if they knew what to do they do not have the time. Just about everybody is very conscious of the costs involved, but do not be deceived.

The lowest priced conveyancer is not necessarily going to be the cheapest. When things do not go according to plan you may be very disappointed with the outcome and the resulting escalating costs.

Choosing a conveyancer with the appropriate knowledge and experience is often far more important than saving a small amount in a cheaper fee and/or skimping on investigatory searches.

What is conveyancing?
Put simply, conveyancing is the legal process of transferring the title of a property from one person to another.
Why should I use a conveyancer?
Buying or selling property is one of the biggest financial transactions of your life. Due to the financial and legal aspects of transferring property, the consequences of making a mistake can be both costly and heartbreaking. By having a licensed conveyancer take care of your property transfer, their qualifications and experience can help protect your assets.
What is the cooling off period and how does it affect me?
A cooling off period is the right of a purchaser of property to cancel the agreement within 5 working days. It offers some protection to purchasers that may have rushed into a contract to purchase property and can be used to finalise financial arrangements or perform title searches. Cancelling the agreement (or rescinding, as it is known) will cost the purchaser 0.25% of the total purchase price.
What is a disbursement?
A disbursement is one of the expenses incurred during the process of searching and obtaining certificates from local government authorities or local councils etc.
What happens if either party cannot settle on the due date?
The vendor or seller can issue a 'Notice to Complete' which means the vendor or seller has 14 days (including weekends and public holidays) to settle the matter. If left unsettled the party that is ready willing and able can terminate the contract. If the purchaser is ready they would be eligible to terminate the contract and is eligible to receive their deposit back. The purchaser may also apply to the Court to have the vendor complete the agreement and hand over possession.
What happens at settlement time?
Settlement is the finalisation of the sale or purchase process. There are usually four parties involved - the buyer and sellers' conveyancers and the banks for the vendor and purchaser. On settlement, the purchaser's bank will exchange cheques as per the instructions of the buyer's conveyancer and in return, receive the Certificate of Title and 'discharge of mortgage' (if applicable) from the seller's bank.
Who notifies the authorities that I have purchased a property?
When the title documents are lodged for registration after settlement, the council, water authority and valuer general are notified of the change of ownership. Other providers such as electricity, telephone and gas will have to be notified by the new owner and by the vendor.