- Caloundra Rise Retirement Estate
- Noosa Waters Retirement Estate
Southern Cross Care is a not-for-profit, charitable organisation registered under the Queensland Government ‘Associations Incorporation Act’. The Knights of the Southern Cross, an Australia wide organisation of Catholic laymen, founded the organisation, originally called Southern Cross Homes for the Aged Inc.
The Aged Care wing of the Knights of the Southern Cross was originally established in Western Australia in the mid-1960s. Other states followed the lead and the Queensland branch was first formed in Brisbane in 1967.
Southern Cross Care operates autonomously in each state, providing residential and community care services to several thousand elderly and disabled persons throughout Australia. While each is autonomous, there does exist Southern Cross Care Australia, a think tank comprising the Chairpersons and CEO’s of each State. This allows us on an Australia wide basis to share knowledge, experience and expertise.
Queensland opened its first hostel, Archbishop Duhig Court at Holland Park in 1978 and in August 2001 we changed our name to Southern Cross Care (Qld) Inc. to reflect our broader role. We now have 5 retirement villages, 11 aged care facilities and operate Community Services across South East Queensland, supporting the aged and the disabled in their own homes.
As you will appreciate all that we have achieved would not have happened without assistance from our many supporters, the Archdiocesan Development Fund, our Southern Cross Care (Qld) members, our fundraisers (Knights of the Southern Cross) and of course our loyal staff.
- Salvation Army The Donations/Collections & General Enquiries
- Anglicare Southern Queensland New Clients & General Enquiries
- St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW & QLD) Gold Coast Welfare Helpline
- St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW & QLD) Rag Sales - Gold Coast
- St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW & QLD) Disaster Assistance Line
- St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW & QLD) Mudgeeraba
- Salvation Army The For Financial/Material Needs
- St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW & QLD) Monetary Donations