Randwick City Council - Call Centre

A sense of community
Also known as
  • Randwick Council, RCC
Business Summary
Local Government Authority Sydney Eastern Suburbs
About Us

Randwick was proclaimed a local government area on 22 February 1859. It was one of the first to be established in NSW after the City of Sydney. The boundaries that were set then are substantially the same as todays. Randwick became a city in 1990.

Randwick Council is one of the largest councils in NSW. It has 149, 276 residents (Census 2016) and covers an area of 36.5 square kilometres. This area is divided into five wards with three Councillors per ward making up the Council representatives.

What We Do

Randwick City Council is the local government authority for Sydney's eastern suburbs stretching from Centennial Park to Botany Bay.

We take in the suburbs of Centennial Park, Chifley, Clovelly, Coogee, Kensington, Kingsford, La Perouse, Little Bay, Malabar, Maroubra, Matraville, Phillip Bay, Port Botany, Randwick and South Coogee.

Council is responsible for managing local infrastructure including roads, footpaths, public buildings, parks, playgrounds, drainage, ocean pools and beaches. We provide rubbish, recycling and green waste collection as well as a wide range of community services including events, libraries and a child care. Council is also a regulatory authority for development and environmental and health issues.

Who do I contact about my rubbish and recycling?
Phone Council's Call Centre on 1300722542 about all matters relating to your residential rubbish, recycling, green waste and kerbside collection program. You can also email us at council@randwick.nsw.gov.au.
What time does the Library open?
Council has three Library branches - Margaret Martin Library, Randwick; Lionel Bowen Library, Maroubra; and Malabar Community Library. Visit our website to view opening hours: http://www.randwick.nsw.gov.au/library/about-the-library/location-and-opening-hours.
How do I find my local councillor?
Visit our website or download the myRandwick app: http://www.randwick.nsw.gov.au/about-council/council-and-councillors/mayor-and-councillors.
How do I report service request like a pothole, tree pruning or footpath repair?
Phone Council's Call Centre on 1300722542, you can also email us at council@randwick.nsw.gov.au.
A car is parked illegally, who do I contact?
Contact Randwick Council's Rangers via the Council Call Centre on 1300722542. If it's an urgent matter outside of business hours you can contact the Rangers through Council's After Hours Call Centre on 1800429041.
When are Council meetings held?
Council holds committee meetings on the second Tuesday of the month and Council meetings on the fourth Tuesday of the month. You can view the schedule, agendas, business papers and minutes on our website: http://www.randwick.nsw.gov.au/about-council/council-and-councillors/meetings.
At A Glance
Library services
Rubbish and recycling
Planning and development
Events and community services
Notable Achievements
Employer of Choice 2014
AR Bluett Award 2006
Payment Methods
Direct Deposit
Direct Debit
American Express
Money Order
JCB Card
Bank Cheque
Diners Club