About Us

For more than 110 years, RAC has been giving back to WA.

As a membership organisation, we're able to reinvest our profits to serve our 840,000 members and the wider WA community.

Yes, we offer great services and we're 100% local. We also cover the largest geographical area of any automotive club in the world. However our true purpose is to serve our members, who started RAC in order to protect and enhance the WA community where we live work and play.

Whether we’re advocating for safer roads, investing in sustainable travel options like the RAC Electric Highway or sponsoring the RAC Rescue helicopters, our vision is to be the most valued organisation to Western Australians by 2020.

The Royal Automobile Club of WA (Inc.) is an Associated Incorporation and as such is governed by the Association's Incorporation's Act 2015, which forms the basis of our Club Rules.

What We Do
How much cover do I need?
Finding the right level of life insurance cover depends on your own individual circumstances. When deciding how much cover you need, you should consider your stage of life, whether you have dependants, your debt levels and the ongoing needs of your family and loved ones. Here is an online calculator that may be able to help you. For income protection insurance the level of income protection insurance cover available is limited to 75% of your income.
What kind of home insurance do I need?
You might need one policy for the building itself and another for your contents. You can usually save money by combining your building and contents insurance into one policy. If you’re buying a home, your lender will probably need your building insurance policy details as part of your mortgage paperwork, so it’s a good idea to get a home insurance quote as soon as possible.
Will I be covered for damage if I accidentally kick a footy through my kitchen window?
Some policies will include limited cover for accidents such as glass breakage. If not, you can often add accidental damage to your policy, which means you’ll pay more for your insurance but will be covered for more events. Always check your policy documents for details of what’s covered.
How much cover do I need?
You need enough insurance to cover the cost of replacing the building itself and all permanent fixtures and fittings inside it, including demolition, architect and builders fees. This is known as your building sum insured. It’s not the same as the market value of your home, which is how much it would sell for and includes the cost of the land. Use our calculator to work out the cost of rebuilding your home.
What's an excess?
The excess is the amount you agree to pay if you make a claim, with your insurance covering the rest. Depending on your policy, you might have to pay more than one type of excess – for example, cover for an earthquake could include an extra excess.
What if I'm renting or I have tenants living in my property?
If you’re renting, you may want to consider renter’s insurance. This is generally a low-cost contents policy that provides limited cover for tenants. If you have an investment property, landlord’s insurance might be your best option. This covers the risks associated with renting out a property.
What about everything inside my home? Is it covered?
Your home contents are everything from your furniture, appliances and clothing to your guitar collection and jewellery. Find out the basics of contents insurance.
Am I already covered by my superannuation fund?
If you are a member of an Australian superannuation fund you might already have some life and income protection insurance cover, though typically the default option may only provide a fraction of the cover you need. Australian superannuation plans also don’t normally include serious or critical illness insurance. To work out if you need extra cover, check the insurance you have through your superannuation fund or employer.
Do I need a medical check-up or blood test to be accepted?
No, however you may be asked some questions about your health and medical history.
What is income protection?
Income protection insurance provides a monthly benefit when you cannot work due to sickness or injury. The level of income protection insurance cover available is limited to 75% of your income to a maximum of $10,000* per month.
Am I covered if I go overseas?
Yes, you are covered 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, as long as you’re residing in Australia when you apply and when you receive the Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document. Note that your policy may not cover you in certain circumstances, like death or injury due to war.
What if I change my mind?
There is a 30-day cooling-off period, where you can cancel your policy and receive a full refund if you change your mind.
Payment Methods
Direct Debit