Port Pirie has one pilot training on ultra-light and general aviation. There is plenty of space for the erection of private hangars or space can be found for permanent plane hangarage in the last remaining WW2 Belmont Hangar.
A small pictorial museum is located in the Aerodrome terminal building. Public access can be gained at any time by phoning the Tourism and Arts Centre on 8633 8700 or the Aerodrome Manager on 8632 2261 or Mobile 0407 602 077.
Port Pirie Aerodrome (YPIR) Data
Not for operational use
Location S 38 14.3 E 141 28.3
Elevation 40 ft.
- 08/26 Length 1043 Metres Bitumen
- 17/35 Length 1069 Metres Gravel
- 03/21 Length 674 Metres Grass
Area Frequency 123.9
Lighting Rwy 08/26 Pal 119.6
- Avgas Bowser
- Terminal Building Key Pad Access
- Toilet Facilities
- Overnight or Weekly Hangarage
- Food and Drink Facilities Available