Omeo Medical Centre
Omeo District Health is located in the Victorian High country, 430km North East of Melbourne on the Great Alpine Road. After Gold was discovered in 1851, the extremely isolated region changed dramatically with a large influx of visitors and Omeo was officially declared a township in 1872.
Omeo District Health has grown from a district hospital, incorporated in November 1891, to a modern facility, fully renovated and officially opened in December 2005.
Omeo District Health supports existing services at Swifts Creek And Ensay along with the numerous small communities such as Cassilis, Bindi, Benambra, Glen Wills and Anglers Rest.
The Board of Management responds to the ever changing face of Health Care by continually reviewing the services delivered and exploring innovative ways of meeting the needs of the community.
Our Aged Care facility consists of ten high level care and four low level care residential aged care beds. There are four acute illness beds (Hospital
Care) and two renal dialysis chairs. Omeo District Health has an emergency stabilisation facility, which receives and treats patients who are in need of urgent medical attention.
- Commonwealth Bank Enquiries and Telephone Banking
- Jemena Eastern Gas Pipeline Emergency Number
- Health and Human Services Department of (VIC) Tobacco Information Line
- Australian Government Department Of Agriculture Imported Breaches (Redline)
- Rheem Australia Hot Water Advice & Distributor Sales
- Consumer Affairs Victoria Domestic Building
- Australian Government Department Of Agriculture General Enquiries
- QBE Insurance All Enquiries