Ombudsman SA investigates complaints about South Australian government and local government agencies and conducts freedom of information reviews. The Ombudsman can also receive information confidentially from whistleblowers.
The South Australian Ombudsman is an independent officer who has comprehensive power to:
- investigate complaints about state government departments and authorities, and local government councils
- investigate misconduct and maladministation in public administration on referral by the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption
- review agencies’ determinations about the release of information under the Freedom of Information Act
- receive information confidentially from a person who wishes to disclose improper or illegal action by officers in agencies.
- Parliamentarians-Federal Senators and Members Patrick Senator Rex
- Parliamentarians-Federal Senators and Members Hanson-Young Senator Sarah
- Parliamentarians-Federal Senators and Members Fawcett Senator the Hon David
- Parliamentarians-Federal Senators and Members Farrell Senator the Hon Don
- Open Arms - Veterans & Families Counselling Eastwood
- Parliament Of South Australia Parliament House - Enquiries
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority Media
- Health, Australian Government Department General Enquiries