Newstead Christian School is a K-10 interdenominational, Christian school and was established in 1996. It is a member school of Christian Education National (CEN). NCS has modern, functional classrooms and is always striving to keep in line with the current curriculum and technology. Our aim is to equip students with a Christ-centred education and provide them with spiritual ‘keys’ and skills to influence and engage their calling in life. This is reflected in our motto – Equipped, Empowered to Serve. NCS affirms the rights of parents to bring up their children according to their Christian values and beliefs, rights that are enshrined in international law.
The Christian ethos and family feel of the school, together with excellent relationships and a fresh and happy atmosphere, results in a positive and calm environment for all aspects of learning.
Newstead Christian School (NCS) endeavours to continually review and look to the future in meeting the ever-changing society. In partnership with families, we seek to meet the individual needs when preparing young adults for their future place in society.
Our primary school curriculum builds upon the core subjects of the Australian Curriculum and students engage in a broad range of learning activities and experiences including art, music, Indonesian, health and physical education. Building upon the foundational knowledge established in Early Childhood Learning, students are encouraged to extended their horizons as their skills mature and develop. The brand new classrooms are well equipped with the tools required and teacher expertise to help create stimulating learning environments, where we continue to focus on academic, spiritual and social goals.
High school is a time of personal growth, maturity and preparation for the transition to post-school life. For many students, it is a time when they begin to appreciate their gifts and use them in school, churches and the general community. The school offers camps, mainland and overseas trips, a variety of outdoor educational experiences and a diverse range of subjects based on the key learning areas of the Australian Curriculum, with a Christ-centred approach to its implementation. Elective subjects may include outdoor education, automotive, art, drama, music, food and nutrition, textiles and technology. German is the current LOTE subject taught in the high school. With new challenges and experiences, students will find their leadership potential and mission philosophy taking sharper focus while the committed leadership team provide support to assist students to manage the pressures, set goals and grow personally.
I trust this website is helpful and gives you an insight into life at Newstead Christian School.
- Our students and staff are continually growing in Christ-like character and reflect God’s love and power in the school, community and the nations.
- Our school is anchored in the Word of God.
- Our school is empowered and guided by the Holy Spirit and exercises the Spirit’s gifts in freedom.
- Our school expresses kingdom values through dedication to community building both within and outside the school.
- Our students excel in wisdom and education.
- Our school fosters Godly and loving relationships underpinned by love, honour, acceptance and forgiveness.
- Our school prepares and equips students for life in the 21stcentury taking with them biblical values for the workplace and global environment.
- Our school recognizes the uniqueness of each individual student and seeks to educate them in these differences.