The historical building was established by a Scottish immigrant, who in 1839 began his linen drapery business here on Hindley Street under the name J.Miller Anderson Co. Over the years it was developed into one of Adelaide’s finest department stores.
From the late 1950’s it was the renowned Miller Anderson Department store, one of the very popular stores on Hindley Street and South Australia’s oldest department store.
During 2006-2007, the redevelopment of this heritage listed building was undertaken. The original façade has been kept and tastefully restored to retain its original character. There are still interior remnants of the classic old building such as the beautiful wide stair case and the open brick walls on our top floor.
To preserve a part of this history we chose to name the property "Miller Apartments Adelaide".