The Migrant Support Worker Will
- Listen carefully and help you decide what to do
- Show you where to find help
Migrant Support Outreach
- Is based in Bathurst, available 4 days a week Monday - Thursday 9am - 4:30pm, provides advice and support regarding assisting newly arrived migrants and refugees.
- Can assist with client advocacy, provide you with multicultural resources and can speak to your staff on cultural awareness, respect and sensitivity.
If you are a Service Provider and would like to make your service more accessible to people who come from other countries and other cultures, we can help by:
- Organising workshops on Cultural Awareness for staff
- Providing resources for staff on multiculturalism, racism etc. providing information and referral to individual clients
- Providing pamphlets and brochures in a variety of languages, on a range of health and social issues
- Providing liaison with other migrant services