Midwest Community Alcohol Drug Service
The Midwest Health Region was established through the amalgamation of the then existing Geraldton, Midwest and Murchison Health Services.
The Midwest region covers an area of over 470,000 square kilometres, nearly a fifth of the State. The population of the region is concentrated along the coast with more than 71% living around Geraldton-Greenough. The region has a high Aboriginal population, and an increasing proportion of aged people.
The Midwest Regional Executive Committee (REC) is responsible to the Regional Director, for the co-ordination, monitoring and action as appropriate the following activities including to receive minutes/reports of any sub Committees relative thereto:
- Overarching strategic focus for the Region
- Region wide policy framework.
- Legislation, By-Laws and Regulations of the Health Service.
- Risk Management.
- Public Relations
- Industrial Relations/Morale
- Integration of services
- To formulate financial estimates and to manage, control and account for budgeted performance.
The Corporate Services directorate provides integrated Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology & Telecommunication, Purchasing and Facilities and Assets services to managers and staff within the region and to other key stakeholders.