Lifestyle Assistance & Accommodation Service Inc. was established in 1986 in response to the need for urgent accommodation of 4 young people with intellectual disability and complex behavioural support needs.
Historically, individuals with the degree of disability and behavioural support requirements had been relocated to Adelaide, however the parents of these young people lobbied for accommodation to be provided within their home region in country South Australia.
LAAS now provides accommodation at three sites in Loxton and two in Berri. LAAS also offers a Day Options programme providing meaningful, developmental day activities currently accessed by 15 people including most of our accommodated clients and also individuals living with their families across the Riverland
- To Ensure That Individuals Enjoy the Highest Possible Quality of Life
- Provide Structured Teaching of Independent Living Skills
- Ensure Employment of Suitably Skilled High Quality Staff
- Provide a Quality Which Meets the National Disability Service Standards
- Promote Learning and Recreational Activities in a Safe, Secure, Fun Environment
- To Develop Programs That Provide Choices for Individuals Which Are Flexible and Aim to Meet Individual Need
- A Focus on Independent Living, Social, Pre-vocational and Recreational Skills
- Programmes Incorporate a Dynamic Variety of Experiences Which Motivate and Promote Community Participation