Independent Schools Tasmania
IST is an association for Tasmanian non-government schools & affiliated to ISCA.
IST is comprised of 33 non-government schools (Independent & Catholic)
For our members we:
- Provide advice & support
- Co-ordinate member submissions to regulatory/govt bodies
- Administer Federal & State Funding in Tasmania
Our head office is located in Hobart, & we have a small regional office in Launceston.
An AGM is normally held in Term 1 & a General meeting in Term 3.
We provide advice & Support for our members under:
- Government Education Policy (ISCA 2016 Election Guide)
- Work Health & Safety Services - supporting schools Industrial needs under Employment Relations & Child Protection
- Professional Learning - supporting school communities & staff through IST in School Projects, Courses & Customised learning
- Services, Consulting & Funding for Disabled & Special Needs Students
- Curriculum, Teaching & School Leadership - support & projects to improve teaching & implement national standards, improve learning & empower school leaders.
- Early Childhood
- Grants, Funding & Loan Administration