Iluka is a major participant in the global mineral sands industry. It is involved in the exploration, project development, operation and marketing of mineral sands products. Its main assets and operations are located in Australia, with a mining and processing operation also in Virginia, USA.
Iluka is the largest producer of zircon in the world, with an approximate market share of one third, and is the second largest producer of titanium dioxide minerals (rutile and an upgraded form of ilmenite, synthetic rutile). The company also has a royalty over iron ore sales revenues from specific tenements of BHP Billiton's Mining Area C (MAC) province in the north west of Western Australia.
- Mineral sands operations and internal projects at various stages of evaluation.
- Heavy mineral ore reserves and mineral resources.
- Iluka's approach to growth is focused on creating and delivering shareholder value by utilising the company's expertise and existing assets, as well as pursuing new opportunities.
- Mineral sands and targeted, other commodity exploration activities.
- Key elements of Iluka's marketing and sales capabilities.
- An overview of Iluka's approach to innovation, technology and resource development activities within mineral sands.
- The integration of economic, environmental and social considerations into business practices, and ensuring safe and responsible conduct.
Mining Area C