- WA Health
- Health WA
- Department of Health
- Koorda Community Health Service
- Aged Care Services
- Health Promotion Services
- Home & Community Care (HACC)
- Dental Health Services-Government
- Nursing Posts
- Child Health Centres
- Hospitals- Public
- Community & Population Health Services
- Pest Control Operators-Licensed - Environmental Health
- Licensing and Accreditation - Private Hospitals, Psychiatric Hostels
- After Hours GP Clinics
- Hospitals/Health Services Public
- Department Of Health Western Australia
- Health Department Of Western Australia
Health Department Of WA
WA Health is Western Australia’s public health system. With a State spanning over 2.5 million km2, it is the largest area in the world covered by a single health authority.
We employ 44,000 dedicated staff in metropolitan, regional and remote areas of the State to attend to the health needs of our growing population.
Each year we manage more than one million attendances to our emergency departments, perform 80,000+ elective surgeries and deliver about 25,000 babies.
This investment, together with the commitment of our dedicated staff, ensures we can deliver on our vision to deliver a safe, high quality and sustainable health system for all Western Australians.
WA Health is led by the Director General who is responsible to the Minister for Health & Mental Health.
WA Health consists of the Department of Health, five Health Service Providers and Health Support Services.
The Department of Health, led by the Director General, provides leadership and management of the health system as a whole, ensuring the delivery of high quality, safe and timely health services.
Our Health Service Providers are governed by Health Support Boards whose appointed members bring a wealth of experience in the fields of health care, finance, law, and community and consumer engagement.
Each Health Service Provider is responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, high quality, efficient and economical health services to their local areas and communities.
Our Health Service Providers include Child and Adolescent Health Service, North Metropolitan Health Service, South Metropolitan Health Service, East Metropolitan Health Service and WA Country Health Service.
System-wide support that includes technology, supply, workforce and financial services are provided by Health Support Services.
Our Strategic Priorities:
strategic priorities are focused on ensuring that Western Australians receive safe, high quality and accessible health care, no matter where they live.
With a focus on prevention, we work to provide a high quality continuum of care spanning health promotion, early intervention and primary care, through to diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and palliation.
Our strategic priorities include:
- prevention and community care services
- health services
- chronic disease services
- Aboriginal health services.
Improving health in WA:
- Aboriginal Health
- Review of Safety and Quality in the WA health system
- Sustainable Health Review
- Climate Health WA Inquiry
- Elective services reform
- Complaints Office
- System Clinical Support & Innovation Unit
- Emergency Access
- Health reform
- Public health
- Southern Inland Health Initiative
- Reports & publications
- Health professionals
- Environmental Health practitioners
- Researchers and educators
- Licensing and industry
- Health Department Of WA Middle Swan
- Health Department Of WA St John of God Midland Public Hospital
- Communities, Department of Midland
- Health Department Of WA Midland
- Communities, Department of Midland Housing Office
- Health Department Of WA Swan Adult Dental Clinic
- Mental Health Commission North East
- Health Department Of WA Dr Marie