Haille Paine was founded in 1879 by Charles Gale who was later joined by Bennington Haille Paine. In 1927, Bennington was joined by his son Haille Hands Paine, and in keeping with family tradition, his grandson Haille Scott Smith became a principal partner in 1954, remaining with the firm until 2000.
An office was situated in Moss Vale and another also opened in Bowral in Wingecarribee Street. Haille Paine developed into one of the most established and well-respected law firms in the Southern Highlands.
As Haille Paine expanded, the Bowral office in Wingecarribee Street became too small and the practice relocated to the present-day heritage cottage, ‘Merrigang’ in Merrigang Street, Bowral. The Moss Vale office eventually closed so all the staff could work under one roof.
- Conveyancing and Property Law
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Defending Estates from Family Provision Claims
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardian
- Commercial Law
- Employment Law
- Advice to Employers on Worker’s Compensation
- Family Law and Family Provision Claims
- Debt Recovery
- Land and Environment Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Criminal Law
- General Legal Advice