GBG Concrete & Construction P/L was established in Sale, Victoria in 1954 by the late Cliff Gamlin and commenced trading under the name of Gamlin & Martin. The business began its operations from the backyard of Mr. Gamlin’s home in Elgin Street, Sale and by the early 1960’s employed 15 people. The company specialised in small to medium domestic and commercial concrete works and solid plastering in Sale and surrounding districts.
In the early 1970’s, Mr. Gamlin was joined in ownership of the business by his son Garry Gamlin and Tom Blight and the company name was changed to GBG Concrete & Plastering P/L. By mid-1980, the employee numbers had grown to 38 and had outgrown the original yard location and the company relocated to larger premises in York Street where it commenced offsite precast fabrication.
In 1985, current Managing Director Mr. Brian Hutty entered the business as a partner to ensure continuing growth. After Mr. Hutty’s introduction to the company, GBG Concrete & Plastering P/L began to further expand its workforce and the increased the scale and scope of the projects with which the company became involved. In 1989, Mr. Hutty had become the sole owner of the company as the original founders entered retirement.
GBG Concrete & Plastering P/L relocated to its current head office and yard location in Raglan Street, Sale 1992 where it opened its undercover precast factory soon after.
GBG Concrete & Plastering P/L underwent another company name change in 1998 to its current name GBG Concrete & Construction P/L to reflect the move away from the solid plastering trade and focus more on larger scale concrete, civil, building and construction works.
GBG Concrete & Construction P/L now employees over 90 employees and has and has built a reputation as being a provider of quality products and services, safely, on time and on budget to a variety of clients from domestic building projects through to large scale commercial and industrial projects throughout Victoria and interstate.