Dr Phillippa Stunzner
I have a Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) and a Doctor of Forensic and Clinical Psychology, both conferred by James Cook University.
Most clinical psychologists also develop interest and expertise in specific areas of clinical psychology. Although not limited to these areas, my interests include
- Adjustment to parenthood including fertility issues and Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Psycho-education and therapy for adolescents, adults and families where there is a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, (including what was previously referred to as Asperger’s Disorder). I am also an APS Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorder Identified Practitioner
- Medico-legal assessments related to the best interests of children (legal referral only).
I hold Practice Endorsement with AHPRA as a Clinical Psychologist and Forensic Psychologist and am a Member of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists and Forensic Psychologists. I am also a Family Consultant with the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
As a Clinical Psychologist practicing at 230 on Canning, I provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment and therapy for a wide range of mental health issues for children, adolescents and adults. These include
- Personal Growth
- Adjustment Disorders
- Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder