The story behind co-op toyota
Co-operative Motors commenced operations in 1913, taking over the operations of the Hobart Motor Company, located at the bottom end of Elizabeth Street - close to Hobart's dock area. As such, Co-op Motors proudly carries the mantle of the being the longest serving motor dealer in Australia.
Co-op's first franchise was for a truck known as the R.E.O, which later became know as the Reo. This make survived until the early 1940'S when production ceased. In 1919, Dodge cars and Graham Bros. trucks came under the company's wing. The association with Dodge, and later the brother Chrysler, lasted until 1959 when this franchise was relinquished in favour of Mercedes Benz.
WHAT WE DO
New Vehicle Sales,Used Vehicle Sales, Parts Sales and Vehicle Servicing and Repairs