Charters Towers Regional Council
The Council represents a predominantly rural area covering about 70,000 square kilometres. The Council is located in the coastal hinterland of North Queensland stretching north to Ingham and south to Bowen and is centred on the historical gold city of Charters Towers. Charters Towers is 136km, or an easy 90 minute drive, south west of Townsville North Queensland.
Charters Towers is a scenic gold mining city that is big on history and character. From a chance discovery of gold in 1871, Charters Towers was soon turned into a bustling metropolis, which in its heyday, boasted being the second largest city in Queensland.
Public Meeting Rooms
- Gold and Beef Rooms
Saleyards / Equestrian Centre
- HM Clarke Saleyards
- Dalrymple Stadium
- Dalrymple Arenas
Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF)
Visitor Information Centre
The centre holds knowledge on the regional & surrounding outback towns. Our range of information includes the Charters Towers Region, Townsville & Magnetic Island & the themed driving routes of The Great Inland Way, Overlander's Way, The Great Tropical Drive, The Matilda Highway & The Savannah Way. Also available are public internet facilities & a booking service for local tours & attractions.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm (excluding Public Holidays)
Monday: to Friday: 8.30am to 4.00pm
- Amalgamated Pest Control Charters Towers
- Anglican Church of Australia Parishes -
- Anglican Church of Australia Air Force Chaplain
- Anglican Church of Australia St Mark's College James Cook University
- Anglican Church of Australia St James Cathedral Office
- Avis Car, Truck & Bus Rentals Charters Towers City
- Avis Car, Truck & Bus Rentals All Reservations
- BeMe Charters Towers