Mongans Bridge

More Locations

285 Bay Creek Lane, Mongans Bridge VIC 3691

www.ceccanti.com.au(03) 5754 5353
Business Summary
Ceccanti Kiewa Valley Wines a family owned vineyard, winery and cellar door strives to live up to the Ceccanti motto, "Fortis et hospitalis". The translation being "strong and hospitable". Angelo hails from Lucca Tuscany, arriving in Australia in 1969, he makes the wine and run the cellar door. The 100 acre vineyard started in 1977, planting cool climate grapes the soil type, altitude and climate being comparable with the Chianti region in Tuscany. Our Wines: Cabernet Sauvignon, Nonno Reserve, Merlot, Reserve, Riesling & Shiraz. These classic varieties thrive in our Alpine cool climate site, where long cold winters and cool summer nights, create the perfect environment for maturation of grapes with ripe characters, soft tannins and an abundance of fruity flavours. We believe that 95% of good wine making is achieved in the vineyard, the other 5% in the winery with minimal interference. By adhering to this principle we produce elegant wines.
About Us

Our family owned vineyard, winery and cellar door strives to live up to the Ceccanti motto, “Fortis et hospitalis”. The translation being “strong and hospitable”. Angelo (hails from Lucca Tuscany, arriving in Australia in 1969); wife Moya and son Danny tend the vines, make the wine and run the cellar door.

The 100 acre parcel was purchased in 1977, with the intention of planting cool climate grapes, the soil type, altitude and climate being comparable with the Chianti region in Tuscany.

What We Do

Our Wines

These classic varieties thrive in our Alpine cool climate site where long cold winters, and cool summer nights, create the perfect environment for maturation of grapes with ripe characters, soft tannins and an abundance of fruity flavours.

We believe that 95% of good wine making is achieved in the vineyard, the other 5% in the winery with minimal interference. By adhering to this principle, we produce elegant wines, which are ready to drink in a year or maybe cellared for several years.