Swimming Pools

Cabonne Council - Canowindra Swimming Pool

Business Summary
Local government council
About Us

Council has adopted as its vision:

"Cabonne Council is committed to providing sustainable local government to our rural communities through consultation and sound financial management which will ensure equitable resource allocation."

Council has adopted as its mission:

"To be a progressive and innovative Council which maintains relevance through local governance to its community and diverse rural area by facilitating the provision of services to satisfy identified current and future needs."

What We Do

Cabonne Council is constituted under the Local Government Act, 1993 as a body politic of the state.

Council carries out its functions according to the principles stated in Section 8(1) of the Act, which is Council's Charter.

Do I have to register my pets?
Yes. Under the Companion Animals Act, pups must be microchipped by 12 weeks or before change of ownership and registered for life by 6 months of age. If you owned a cat PRIOR to 1 July 1999 you do not have to register the cat for life. It is a requirement, however that your cat is identified either by collar and ID tags or a microchip. If you sell or give away a cat after 1 July 1999 it must be microchipped and registered for life.
Where is Cabonne?
Cabonne is an area of 6017 sq.km in the central west of NSW which borders other the local government areas of Orange, Blayney, Dubbo Regional, Forbes, Narromine, Mid-Western Regional, Bathurst, Parkes and Cowra.
How can I contact Council after-hours in an emergency?
For all Council services other than bushfire the after-hours emergency number is 6392 3234. Bushfire Emergency Number is 000.
How do I lodge a development application?
Contact Cabonne Council on 02 6392 3200, a customer service officer can go over the development application process with you over the phone or if you are still unsure a prelodgment meeting can be undertaken to assist you with the development application. DA forms and information are available on council's website www.cabonne.nsw.gov.au you can also have a consultant undertake the lodgement on your behalf.
How and where can I pay my rates?
Personal payments can be made at any of the Cabonne office at Molong, Cudal or Canowindra and at the Business Enterprise Centre in Orange. EFTPOS and Credit Card facilities are available. Payments can be sent by post to: PO Box 17, MOLONG NSW 2866. Payments can be made by B-Pay with the details provided on the rates notice. Payments can be made by Post Billpay by phoning 131 816, www.postbillpay.com.au or in person at any Australia Post Office.
When are my rates due?
Payment in Full: If you wish to pay the total amount of your rate account in full, payment should made on or before 31st August. Quarterly Payments: Quarterly payments for the rate levy will fall due on the 31st August, 30th November, 28th February and 31st May every year.
How do I get a new garbage service?
Firstly, you must be the owner of the property or the managing agent. A tenant cannot apply for a garbage service. Please contact Councils Environmental Services Department on 6392 3247 to request a new bin service. From here staff will check if you are able to receive a garbage service, as not all areas of Cabonne receive this service. Bins will be delivered the next garbage pick-up day. The cost of service is $377.10 per year. This will be added onto your Rates on a pro rata basis.
How do I get a replacement bin?
You will need to be either the owner or managing agent to request a replacement garbage bin should your bin be split or broken. Contact the Environmental Services Department on 6392 3247 to let us know that your bin has broken. Staff will ask for owner and contact details so that the request can be forwarded to council's waste contractor. The replacement bin will generally be delivered the next garbage pick-up day and the service will take away the broken bin.
What can I do about annoying noise e.g. neighbourhood noise?
Under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (POEO Act), local councils can serve various notices on people occupying homes and businesses, requiring them to control offensive noise and advising them what levels are acceptable. For barking dogs under section 95-100 of POEO Act 1997 a council officer can serve a prevention notice on the owner of the noisy dog. You can contact the Environmental Services Department on 6392 3247.
At A Glance
Finance and Corporate Services
Engineering and Technical Services
Environmental Services
Economic Development
Tourism and Media
Payment Methods
Direct Deposit
Direct Debit
Bank Cheque