Boandik Lake Terrace (+ Head Office)
The history of Boandik Lodge began in 1949 when the Old Aged, Invalid, & Widows' Pension Association made representations to the City Council. By 1952 public meetings and initial funding, sponsored by the Late Councillor A.F. (Tony) Sutton, initiated what is now Boandik Lodge.
In 1956, the doors of the "Mount Gambier Old Folks' Home" opened with accommodation for six men and six women. In 1959, the Home was re-named "Boandik Lodge" (in honour of the Boandik people who lived in the district at the time of European settlement).
Today at Lake Terrace, there are 28 double independent Cottages, 27 low care rooms, 48 high care beds, 8 flats in joint partnership with the Housing Trust and the Day Therapy Centre. At Crouch Street, there are 73 low care rooms. There are 10 high care and 58 low care beds at St Mary's. The Boandik Extended Support Services provides services to over 240 clients living in the community.
In total, Boandik Lodge provides services to over 500 clients in both residential and community settings.