Business Summary
Principal Office
About Us
Your Council
Council MeetingsCouncil Documents

Annual Business Plan and Budget

Council Services


Our Community

Tourism Information

Berri Visitor and Information Centre

Located right on the riverfront along Riverview Drive, the Berri Visitor Information Centre has everything you need to make your holiday absolutely perfect. Our volunteer staff will let you in on all the secrets of the area and a wide range of travel brochures and maps will help you plan a great stay!

You'll also find a huge variety of souvenirs so you can show all your friends back home what a truly beautiful place you've visited. The Visitor Information Centre is Council run and is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 3pm on weekends and public holidays.

The Barmera Public Library has a long history, being the fourth country library in the state. It opened in 1961 and has undergone a large redevelopment program which has more than doubled its floor space. In 2001 the library computerised its collection making access even easier for patrons. The catalogue is now available online for your convenience.
What We Do
  • Fiction & Non-fiction
  • Music CDs & Computer CD ROMs
  • DVDs & Videos
  • Magazines & Audio Books
  • LOTE (Languages Other Than English)
How many dogs can you keep in town and out of town?
In town there is a maximum of two dogs per household and out of town a maximum of five.
How many chickens can you keep in town and out of town?
There is no specified allowed amount per household, but roosters are not allowed in town.
Does the Council have animal traps available for hire?
Yes. Council has traps available free to residents for a maximum hiring period of two weeks with a refundable deposit of $50. Residents requiring advice or assistance in obtaining traps should contact the Council office.
Can I burn in town and out of town?
There is no burning "in" town areas. Out of town and in horticulture areas, burning can be carried out, out of fire season or in fire season with a permit obtained from the Council, between 9am and 6pm with the correct precautions taken.
I have no bins on my property and can I purchase second bins?
Any property with a house being occupied all year is eligible to an initial bin, at no cost. Commercial properties shall be entitled to the number of bins equivalent to the number of rated assessments. Bins and Bin Accessories are available for purchase from the Council Office, please contact for current fees on 8582 1922.
Notable Achievements
SA Regional Awards 2016
2016 KESAB Sustainability Communities Awards
Community Achievement Awards 2016
Payment Methods
Money Order