Bega Valley Shire Council is a Local Government Organisation on the far south coast of NSW. We service 6280 km2 with a community of about 33,000 people.
BVSC Facebook Comments Guidelines
Our Facebook page is a place for constructive discussion about local issues. Positive and negative comments form the basis of gauging public sentiment in regards to Council performance and services. But like all online and offline public forums, there is a level of moderation needed to ensure fairness to other users and those who are featured on our page.
There will be occasions when we need to remove comments and block users as a result of leaving inappropriate responses to posts and comments. Please read the following guidelines so we can all engage in fair, open and vibrant conversation.
1. Please be polite. Personal attacks and words that defame or degrade any person, group or organisation will not be tolerated. The use of coarse language is not welcome.
2. Please stay on topic. Random comments that do not relate to individual posts are a distraction and discourage others from engaging in relevant conversation.Comments that purposely attempt to derail a comments thread will be deleted.
3. Please do not repeat comments in multiple threads. This will be seen as an attempt to derail the conversation and treated as spam.
4. Links made for commercial purposes and personal gain will be treated as spam and removed.
5. Comments that question these guidelines or moderation of our page will be removed. We will send you a private message via Facebook asking you to contact us directly if you have any questions about moderation.
6. Trolling and using a fake online identity to praise, defend or create the illusion of support for one's self, allies or company (sock puppetry) are not acceptable. People found to be doing either will be blocked from commenting on your page.
7. The administrators of this page reserve the right to remove any material if the above guidelines are not met.
8. Please also bear in mind Facebook’s own Community Standards policy.
9. Council will manage its Facebook page, including responding to comments and the removal of unsuitable material, during normal business operating hours only.
And finally, don’t worry. Providing you are entering into any discussion in the spirit of being fair and polite to all people involved, you will remain a welcome member of our growing online community.