ARIA has developed and is responsible for creating a widely recognised benchmark for success for the Australian recording industry and its artists, notably the ARIA Charts, the ARIA Awards and the ARIA Hall of Fame.
ARIA is active in many key areas of the Australian music industry:
- We act as an advocate for the industry, both domestically and internationally.
- We support Australian music, and create opportunities to help it be heard.
- We play an active role in protecting copyright and the fight against music piracy.
- We collect statistical information from members and retailers and compile numerous ARIA charts with data provided by over 1,100 retailers.
- ARIA is a focus for industry opinion and compiler of industry information and views.
- ARIA provides in certain cases, a reproduction licensing function on behalf of its members for various copyright user.