The Australian Institute of Architects is a national body consisting of almost 10,000 members across Australia and overseas. The Institute was formed in 1930 when state architectural Institutes combined to form a unified national association with the following aims:
- To advance architecture
- To maintain the integrity and standing of the profession
- To promote the profession's views nationally and internationally, and
- To encourage the study of architecture
Australian Institute of Architects Services and Products
For Building Professionals
- Advisory Notes
- Building Contracts
- BEDP Environment Design Guide
- Architecure Jobs Online
- Industry Bodies
For General Public:
- Looking for an architectectural practice?
- Awards Gallery
- Thinking of building or renovating? Visit Archicentre
- Free guide: You & Your Architect
- Reduce your project costs
- Qualification Based Selection of an Architect
In response to the changing regulatory environment for architects in Australia, and the requirements by some state governments for architects to undertake continuing professional development (CPD) to maintain registration, the Australian Institute of Architects National Council is redeveloping our professional development polices.
Join the Australian Institute of Architects
The Australian Institute of Architects is the voice of Australian architecture, representing the views and promoting the skills of the profession to all levels of government, industry, the media and the community.