Rural & Remote Medicine is typically delivered through private community based practice facilities & hospitals; however, it can also occur on roadsides, in remote clinics, jails, Aboriginal medical services or via telephone or e-health systems. It is one of the hallmarks of a rural & remote practitioner that they have highly developed clinical judgment & extended skill sets which allow them to safely care for patients in a variety of ways that would not be typical of general practitioners in more urban settings. This includes providing certain specialised areas of care such as surgery or obstetrics, & admitting & caring for adults & children in hospital (secondary) care settings.ACRRM Programs
- Prevocational Programs
- Vocational Training (for Fellowship of ACRRM)
- Professional Development Program (PDP)
- International Medical Graduate (IMG) Program
ACRRM's Primary Curriculum defines the skills, knowledge & behaviours required to qualify as a competent general practitioner in the rural & remote context. All registrars are assessed for Fellowship of ACRRM against the Primary Curriculum (3rd edition).
ACRRM is currently undertaking a review of the Primary Curriculum. For more information, or to contribute to this review, please.
ACRRM's Advanced Specialised Training Curricula, defining Advanced Specialised Training in the College's ten disciplines, will be available soon.Courses
The College develops courses independently or with partners in response to the needs of members developing particular specialties or working in particular geographical locations. Courses are presented in person or online at intervals throughout the year. A range of procedural courses are also concentrated in & around Rural Medicine Australia.
The range includes skin, ultrasound, emergency medicine, rural emergency skills training (REST), and generalist emergency medicine.
- Student Membership
- Becoming a Rural General Practitioner
- Rural Generalist Programs
- John Flynn Placement Program
- Other Student Scholarships
- Overview of Fellowship Training
- Curriculum and Requirements
- Supporting our Registrars
- Activities and Resources
- Reporting and Assessments
- Training your Registrars
- Frequently asked Questions
- Overview of Continuing with ACRRM
- Professional Development Requirements
- PDP Handbook
- PDP Register
- Search All Accredited Activities
- Online Learning
- Teaching, Research and More
- Assistance and Grants
- Education Providers