We deliver programs and policies to maintain and improve Australia's law and justice framework, and to facilitate jobs growth through policies that promote fair, productive, flexible and safe workplaces.
Through the Australian Government Solicitor, we also provide legal services to the Commonwealth, including legal advice and representation.
We are structured into five groups:
- Australian Government Solicitor
- Legal Services and Families
- Integrity and International
- Industrial Relations
- Enabling Services.
Families & marriage:
Rights and protections:
- Open Government Partnership
- Freedom of information
- Human rights & anti-discrimination
- Protecting the rights of older Australians
- Access to justice
- Administrative law
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Constitutional law
- Legislative design & scrutiny
- Legal Assistance programs
- Native title
- Personal property
- Regulatory powers