Aspen Australia commenced operations in May 2001 with a portfolio of products generating sales of around $10 million. After the acquisition of the Sigma pharmaceutical business in February 2011, current annualised sales are close to $900 million in Australia and New Zealand.
Aspen Australia is also responsible for a growing business in a dozen countries in Asia accounting for about $83 million in in-market sales.
Besides marketing and distributing products owned by the Aspen Group, we also license in products from other companies, and are focused on meeting the needs of our licensors.About Us
We have 5 teams of sales representatives, who are all results-driven and experienced, covering doctors, specialists, hospitals, and pharmacists, plus we use an outsourced field force for grocery.
We have an experienced, successful and proven management team.
Aspen Australia is an entrepreneurial driven company which often works in partnership with other companies, including the multinationals.
We are one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Australia, and have one of the most comprehensive portfolios of medicines in the country, covering most disease states. We have 3 sales divisions: Branded Prescription, Generics, and OTC/Consumer. In addition, we have a thriving Export and Contract Manufacturing business.Our Company
Aspen Pharmacare Australia is a division of Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited, the largest listed pharmaceutical company in South Africa, with market capitalization of around US$8 billion. *
Aspen commenced operations in Australia in May 2001 and since then has acquired many established brands of medicines.
There are many tried and trusted brands in Australia which are no longer actively promoted by pharmaceutical companies because they are either off patent or their volumes are too low to warrant the cost of promotion. Sometimes in large companies turning over hundreds of millions of dollars, a $5 million product is not even on the radar screen, so to speak.Contract Manufacturing
Aspen is the largest manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and complementary medicines in Australia - providing manufacturing and technical services to leading multinational pharmaceutical companies.
Features of Aspen contract manufacturing include:
- Committed to providing quality, efficiency and value for our customers.
- Fully GMP licensed manufacturing facilities in Victoria and New South Wales.
- Broad range of production technologies and a large tool kit to solve problems and/or improve products.
- Experienced and flexible organisation, dedicated to Contract manufacturing.
Contract manufacturing services that we offer include the full range of pharmaceutical production and support services:
- Liquids, Creams and Ointments.
- Solid dose.
Aspen has a manufacturing facility dedicated to the production of Liquids, Creams and Ointments. A broad range of formulations, batch sizes and packaging formats can be accommodated.
Liquids and Creams:
- Syrups, suspension, creams and lotions.
- Batch size 150 to 5000 litres.
- 'Flammable Goods' rated rooms.
- Manufacture under nitrogen if required. Separate 'potents' facility with own airlock.
- Plastic and glass bottles from 18 ml to 1 litre+.
- Caps, nasal sprays and pumps.
- 'Fill by weight' technology.
- Dual side labelling, auto change over.
- Shrink seal application.
- Measuring cup automatic replacement.
- Metal, HDPE, metal and plastic laminate.
- 5 grams to 300 grams filling capability.
- Cartoning on line.