The Alfred is a major tertiary referral teaching hospital. It has a major role in the provision of specialist tertiary and quaternary services on a statewide and national basis.
Specialist services include trauma services, emergency and intensive care, comprehensive cancer services, blood diseases, respiratory medicine, melanoma, bone marrow transplant, cardiology / cardiovascular services, neurosurgery, general and specialist surgery and medicine, psychiatry and diagnostic services.
Excellence in health care and service
- Caring and responding to our patients and our community
- Encouraging and achieving excellence, continual learning and improvement
- Working in partnership and cooperation
- Being responsible and accountable for the services we provide
- Achievement through teamwork
- Treating people with integrity and in a friendly, trusting and respectful manner and environment
For Patients & Visitors
At Alfred Health, we are constantly developing new ways to deliver healthcare to our patients and to ensure they have access to services in the most appropriate setting, whether that is a hospital ward, a community agency or even in their own home.
- Car Parking
- Your Rights & Responsibilities
- Advance care planning
- Health Information Privacy
- Can I have access to information about me?
Alfred Health is one of the four founding partners of the Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct (AMREP), established five years ago on The Alfred campus. AMREP is one of Australia's leading centres in clinical and biomedical research.
Research at AMREP is strongly collaborative and is further strengthened by the 'bench to bedside' approach facilitated by the close physical proximity of the research laboratories of the two medical research institutes and Monash University Central & Eastern Clinical School to the facilities and wards of The Alfred.