Alcoa of Australia Limited (Alcoa) is owned 60 per cent by Alcoa Corporation and 40 per cent by Alumina Limited.
The Australian operations represent one of the world’s largest integrated bauxite mining, alumina refining and aluminium smelting systems and add value to Australia’s local, state and national economies at every stage.
Alcoa's operations support approximately 4,250 direct jobs, predominantly in regional Australia. Operations include:
- Two bauxite mines in Western Australia (Huntly and Willowdale)
- Three alumina refineries in Western Australia (Kwinana, Pinjarra and Wagerup)
- One aluminium smelter in Victoria (Portland)
- Two dedicated port facilities in Western Australia (Kwinana and Bunbury)
- Three Alcoa Farmlands sites in Western Australia (Pinjarra, Wagerup and Boddington)
Alcoa has been investing in Australia for 56 years. Each year, more than 65 per cent of our total revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalty and dividends to Australian shareholders.
Alcoa is one of Australia’s leading exporters, contributing around $6 billion in exports each year.
- Huntly Bauxite Mine
- Willowdale Bauxite Mine
- Kwinana Alumina Refinery
- Wagerup Alumina Refinery
- Pinjarra Alumina Refinery
- Portland Aluminium Smelter