Wildcare rescues, raises, rehabilitates and releases native wildlife in the NSW area surrounding the ACT. Our area covers from North Bredbo to Doughboy, Yass, Young, Cowra and Cootamundra, that's over 22,000 square kilometres. Our carers and rescuers are passionate about native wildlife and trained in its handling and care. Wildcare can provide education and awareness sessions and provide advice to local Government and developers.
WHAT WE DO
- Developing and maintaining a membership of dedicated volunteers.
- Training our members in the appropriate care of native Australian wildlife and ensuring that we maintain the best standards of care.
- Maintaining accreditation from the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage.
- Building productive links with our stakeholders, which include government agencies (local, state and commonwealth); other wildlife groups in our region; and the general community.
- Raising public awareness of wildlife issues through educational activities and public displays.
- Wildcare also maintains a 24hr/day, 7days/week helpline phone service to receive reports on sick, injured or orphaned native Australian animals.