Whitson Dawson is a third generation Mackay accounting practice providing financial services for small to medium sized businesses throughout Central Queensland.
Whitson Dawson was originally known as WG Hodges and Co. The Mackay accounting practice was founded in 1883 to provide financial services to the growing township of Mackay.
In 1956, Colin Whitson joined the Mackay accountants bringing his vast experience into the practice. When Colin passed away Neil Whitson became the Principal for the accounting firm. Neil acquired Alex Dawson’s practice in 1973 merging the two practices into Whitson Dawson & Co. Sadly the third generation of Hodges (Lex) passed away in the late 1990’s.
Andrew Whitson and David Whitson now manage the Mackay accounting firm and over the last decade have expanded the accounting business into other industries. They consider it important to provide a proactive approach to client care to assist clients in navigating the complex taxation, financial planning and business finance environment.
The Practice is a Corporate Authorised Representative of SMSF Advisers Network. AFSL No. 430062 and also registered with the Tax Practitioners Board.
- Preparation of Income Tax Returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts, companies and superannuation funds
- Tax Planning Strategies for management of taxation for individuals and businesses
- Bookkeeping Services and advice
- Financial Analysis
- Tax planning and tax minimisation
- Record-keeping systems
- Preparation of annual Financial Statements
- Income Tax Returns for self-managed superannuation funds
- Audit and assurance
- Advice on legislative and regulatory compliance
Rural Accounting & Advice