WA Laser Eye Centre is one of Perth's premier refractive surgery centres in Western Australia. Our treatment centre is conveniently located in our rooms at Melville. Appointments are available at our branches in Melville and Hollywood Medical Centre in Nedlands for pre and post-operative assessment.
We can offer you the highest level of expertise and experience as well as the latest technology for vision correction.
Our friendly team are here to help you with any questions you may have.
WA Laser Eye Centre uses the worlds' most advanced technology and our staff are trained specifically for this high precision surgery. This is apparent from the first consultation through to treatment and post-operative care.
A normal eye functions like a camera. The cornea is the clear window at the front of the eye. Along with the natural lens inside the eye, the cornea works to focus light coming from a distance clearly on to the retina at the back of the eye. The retina is equivalent to the film in the camera and changes light into electrical impulses that are carried by the optic nerve to the brain.
The iris (coloured part of the eye) acts like the aperture of the camera, regulating the amount of light getting in. An eye in which the light from a distance is not focused correctly on the retina has what is called a refractive error, and requires correction from either glasses or contact lenses to bring the image into focus.
Laser Eye Surgery
LASIK stands for laser in-situ keratomileusis and is the most common form of refractive laser eye surgery - that is surgery performed to correct refractive errors to reduce dependence on glasses and contact lenses.
LASIK is a two-step process using the Intralase method:
- The first step is the creation of the corneal flap using a specialised laser called the Intralase
- The second step is the vision correction using a second laser called an Excimer laser to smoothly reshape the surface beneath the flap. Once the laser treatment is complete the delicate corneal flap is precisely replaced and seals in place with no stitches required.
Can I Afford It? As prices vary based on the type of procedure, WA Laser Centre would be glad to schedule your FREE consultation to give you the most ACCURATE quote for your surgery.
WA Laser Centre also offer Interest Free finance options to assist with your investment, one of our staff members will be happy to provide you with further details.
All fees cover:
- Procedure Cost
- Post Operative check
- First follow up appointment after surgery
- Additional follow up appointments made within one month of surgery
Prices are subject to change without notice.
- How do I know if I am suitable for LASIK?
- What can you expect from it?
- How long does it last? Is the surgery permanent?
- How long does the surgery take?
- What happens if I move my eye during the laser treatment?
- How soon will I be able to see clearly after LASIK?
- When can I drive?
- When can I go back to work?
- What should I do immediately after surgery?
- What shouldn't I do after LASIK?
- Are follow up consultations covered by the surgery fees?
- What are the potential risks?
- Why do I have to use eye drops?
- Why should I use the lubricant eye drops?
- How often should I use the lubricant drops?
- Does air-conditioning or heating affect my eyes?
- What sunglasses should I wear?
- What about showering & washing my hair?
- When can I wear eye makeup?