Business Summary
The City of Stirling is the largest local government area by population in Western Australia.
About Us

The City of Stirling is a local government area in the northern suburbs of Perth (about 10 kms north of CBD).

The City covers an area of 105kms2 with a  population 210,000+, making it the largest local government area by population in Western Australia.

The city is divided into seven wards, each of two councillors. Each councillor serves a four-year term, and half-elections are held every two years. The mayor is elected from among the councillors.

  • Balga Ward
  • Coastal Ward
  • Doubleview Ward
  • Hamersley Ward
  • Inglewood Ward
  • Lawley Ward
  • Osborne Ward

For information on any of the City's services, facilities and programs please click here on our website or contact the Administration Centre (08) 9205 8555.

Can I make a special payment arrangement with the City?
If you are unable to pay your rates installments due to financial hardship, you can apply for a payment arrangement. Please note: An administration charge per property will apply for each payment arrangement (Pensioners are not charged any administration fee when setting up a payment arrangement).
What should I do if my contact details change?
Please let us know promptly, in writing, of any changes to your contact details. Property owners must make sure that the City has the correct address and contact details for the service of notices.
What is The Emergency Services Levy (ESL)?
The Emergency Services Levy (ESL) funds Western Australia's (WA) fire and emergency services, including career fire stations, volunteer fire brigades, State Emergency Service (SES) units, the Volunteer Marine Rescue Service and the multi-purpose Volunteer Emergency Service units.
What should I do if I sell my property?
Under the provisions of the Local Government Act, when a person sells or disposes of land, the owner/agent must advise the City in writing, within 21 days of the change in ownership, giving full details of the purchaser.
Can I appeal my property's valuation?
If you feel that the valuation applied to your property is incorrect, you can lodge an objection with Landgate's Valuer General's Office, within 60 days of the issue of your rates notice. For more information, please contact the Valuer General's Office on (08) 9273 7373.
At A Glance
Services & Support
Leisure & Culture
Waste & Environment
Planning & Building
Business & Tourism