St Andrew’s Hospital
has provided medical and surgical excellence to South Australians for 80 years.
Opened in 1936, St Andrew's was the initiative of Ms. Janet Hay, the owner and Director of Nursing ('Matron'). The original building, which had accommodation for 19 patients, no longer exists. There have been many changes since those early years, to the large modern medical facility we have today.
St Andrew's is now one of Australia’s largest standalone independent private hospitals and is recognised nationally as a centre of excellence.