Speech Pathologists are university trained allied health professionals with expertise in the assessment and treatment of communication and/or swallowing difficulties.
The Association's Main Objectives Include:
- To prescribe, guide and govern the clinical and ethical standards of members in their practice of Speech Pathology.
- To facilitate and promote opportunities for members to pursue knowledge and develop professionally.
- To disseminate professional positions to key stakeholder groups including: the government, consumers, referrers and the public.
- To advocate for and respond to the needs of clients with communication and swallowing difficulties.
- To promote timely access to services.
- To represent the interests and views of members of the association.