Southern Cross Catholic College is a Prep to Year 12 day school offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. The College was founded in 1995, following the amalgamation of the Catholic primary and secondary schools in the Moreton Bay Region. Today, the multi-campus College operates as the principal Catholic College on the Redcliffe Peninsula. Southern Cross Catholic College has three campuses located in Scarborough, Kippa Ring and Woody Point; accommodating students in Prep to Year 6 and a fourth campus in Scarborough accommodating middle and senior years students from Year 7 to 12.
The College strives to provide each student with a coherent and seamless transition from Prep to Year 12 and maintains a proud record of academic and sporting achievement. Offering a comprehensive education for all students, the uniqueness of the College and diversity of campus locations allows students, and their families, access to facilities among the best in Brisbane Catholic Education.
- We uphold these guiding principles which are integral to the life of the College
- The College is committed to continuing and developing the tradition of Catholic Education begun by its founders
- The College community respects and values the dignity of each person
- The College affirms the practices of inclusivity and ongoing pastoral support of its members
- Learning will be conducted in a manner which benefits all members of the school community
- Social justice in all its expressions is a touchstone in College life
- We recognise our oneness with the Universe and accept our responsibility for the wellbeing of our environment
- College life reflects a collaborative partnership between all members working to achieve shared educational goals