Should you get a skin cancer check?
Did you know that Queenslanders have the highest risk of melanoma in the world, carrying a lifetime-estimated risk of 1 in 16 men and 1 in 24 for women? Every year in Australia, around 1,200 people die from skin cancer and melanomas. The sad thing is that skin cancer is a preventable and readily treatable form of cancer. In fact, 95% of skin cancers are treatable if they are detected early.
If you’ve recently had a severe sunburn and want some advice from our team, or you want to know how you and your family can stay protected in the sun, just give us a call. We also provid mole scans & mole checks in our Brisbane clinic. Our patients often have:
- Family history of skin cancer
- Been sunburnt in the past
- Have some spots they are worried about
- Have a spot that is hard to see
- A change in the size/shape/colour of a mole
- Oozing/bleeding from a mole
- A mole that is itchy/hard/swollen/tender to the touch
- A new mole