Shannons - Cannington

Insurance for Motoring Enthusiasts
Business Summary
The Online Community for Motoring Enthusiasts
About Us

Shannons was the brainchild of the late Robert Shannon who created an insurance business in the early seventies run by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts.

Shannons insurance products are specially tailored to the individual needs of motoring enthusiasts and relies on direct contact with clients rather than through other agents or brokers.

Today, as part of the Suncorp Group, Shannons has offices in all state capitals, the ACT and Northern Territory. Across Australia Shannons is the first choice of motoring enthusiasts when it comes to insuring their special cars, motorcycles and homes, as well as the day to day cars of owners.

What is changing for me?
Soon new information will be required to be provided to purchase a new Green Slip.
Why is it changing?
These changes are being introduced by all NSW CTP insurers and are designed to improve your buying experience and reduce the time taken to register your vehicle.
What do I need?
You will need to provide two pieces of information to assist us in identifying you and your vehicle. The details can easily be located on your RMS registration papers, so make sure you have them handy.
How can I prepare for this change?
Make sure the details showing on the registration papers are correct. If they are not correct you may be charged the incorrect CTP premium. If any of your registration details require updating, please contact RMS on 13 22 13 prior to purchasing your Green Slip. We won't be able to update your registration details for you.
What information do I need to provide to purchase a Green Slip to renew my registration?
If a Green Slip is being purchased to renew your vehicle's registration, you will need: Your RMS Billing Number and Your Plate Number.
What other vehicle information can I use to purchase a Green Slip?
You can provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Engine Number or Chassis Number.
What if I don't have the information required for my Green Slip?
If you don't have the required information, you will still be able to obtain a Green Slip quote but you will not be able to purchase a policy. You can request this information from RMS by calling RMS on 13 22 13 or on the web at
Will my CTP details be sent electronically to the RMS?
Yes, your CTP details will be sent electronically to RMS immediately for both new and existing registrations, removing the need to provide RMS with a hard copy Green Slip or receipt.
Will there be any changes to my CTP cover?
No, there are no changes to your benefits under the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Personal Injury Insurance Scheme.
At A Glance
Agreed Value
You’re Choice of Repairer
Total Loss Salvage Options
Payment Methods