Sandy Straits Marine was established by David Frame in 2004 at its present site at Shed 9, 864 Boat Harbour Drive, near the Urangan Fisherman's Cooperative. It offers an extensive fibreglass repair and fabrication service for boats, caravans, mobile homes and other structures which use fibreglass products.
David's background as a qualified mechanic gives him an edge in the business. He started out with the Ford Motor Company in Adelaide, Caloundra and Darwin, but has been a self-employed motor vehicle mechanic for more than 25 years.
While in the 'Top End' he helped restore a yacht and sailed around Darwin Harbour with a friend. Later he owned and operated a catamaran hire business at Caloundra before making a tree change to Gayndah, in the Burnett region.
- Boat building
- Insurance work
- Hull repairs
- Marine painting
- Fibreglass fabrication and fit-outs
- Transom repairs and longitudinal and floor repairs
- Some repairs and servicing of diesel engines
- Supply and fit Vetus marine engines
- On-seller of plywood and specialist marine glues and resins
- On-seller of fibreglass products such as resins, cloths etc.