Looking out over the paddocks and across to the mountains, this house and farm have been owned by six generations of one family.
Through the good times and the bad, each generation has added another layer of belongings, improvements and memories, and today, every object and addition, every tear, stain and repair has a story to tell.
With its grand stables and prize horses, orchards and elegant summerhouse, Rouse Hill House was once the social hub of the area. And although the estate was later subdivided as the family fortunes waned, the house and its stories still draw people to its door.
Today Rouse Hill House & Farm also features the restored 1888 Rouse Hill schoolhouse, a section of the original Windsor Road turnpike proclaimed by Governor Macquarie in 1813, and the site of the doomed 1804 ‘Vinegar Hill’ convict rebellion.